3.20 Program Support
For CBP/DHS eCP project: since the initial launch of the modernization effort in 2001, B&A's role has steadily increased on the eCP and, currently, it supports areas such as Program Management, Enterprise System Architecture, ERP/CRM, Web Portal and Application development, Usability Engineering, Middleware Integration and Development, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL), and Data Warehouse and Infrastructure support. The CBP SDLC methodology is followed for design, construction, acceptance, and operational readiness for each of the functional groups or solution elements supported by the B&A Team.
For CIS/DHS E-Filing project:
- Coordinate SDLC activities with the Application Development Team, Strategic Plan Team, Office of Information Resource Management (OIRM), C&A Team, and Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Develop Memorandum of Understanding between the CIS and the Departments of Labor (DOL) and State (DOS) for sharing nonimmigrant petition and related information electronically.
- Review application and support business process and systems. The CIS E-Filing project conformed to CMM® 3 Fast-Track.
For the Social Security Administration (SSA):
- Review and critique the work of the agency's Software Measurement Team in its day-to-day support of the software measurement program, including the establishment of baselines for targeted or key categories of projects
- Provide amplification and endorsement of the Deputy Commissioner for Systems "Measurable Goals".
- Provide advice and support for the documentation of requirements for automated support of software measurement processes and reporting.