Three years of experience providing professional support service: Since its creation with the passage of the Homeland Security Act by Congress in November 2002, B&A has supported DHS in securing borders, facilitating trade and travel, and enforcing regulations by modernizing, enhancing, and providing operations and maintenance and Agile transformation services to its many mission-critical systems.
- Citizenship & Immigrations Services (CIS) Risk and Fraud Support Service. B&A leads Agile development methodologies to implement the Enterprise Service Bus-Risk and Fraud Support Services (ESB-RFSS). The ESB-RFSS will develop a mechanism for conducting automated continuous risk based checks across CIS customer population. The ESB-RFSS contributes to strengthening the security and integrity of the immigration system and providing CIS with relevant and current terrorist Watchlist data from the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB), a consolidated database maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Terrorist Screening Center (TSC). Earlier, B&A performed end user driven requirements elicitation, engineering and design, service architecture and development, and business process development and testing validation for the Watchlist Service Integration (WLSI) Project and the Visa Services Support Project (VSSP).
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) TECS. B&A executes and supports all software development life cycle phases, including requirements, design, operations and maintenance, development, modernization, and enhancement, of TECS’ suite of software applications, leveraging industry and government standards and guidelines including PMBOK, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, and DHS SELC. TECS supports more than 70,000 users from more than 32 Federal agencies responsible for traveler processing, investigation, case management, and intelligence, vetting, and research, which includes CBP and other agencies in border management and related law enforcement activities. TECS systems support the nation’s security and are required to operate at nearly 100% availability.
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Application Development Support. B&A provides information technology services to develop, migrate, and support cargo system applications. These services include new functionality development and testing, re-factoring existing system functionality, corrective and adaptive maintenance of existing applications, application maintenance of existing systems, and architecture and engineering services to support application development to migrate the functionalities of the Cargo Production applications to the target architecture using Agile development methodologies.
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Customs Modernization Program. B&A provides operations and maintenance in the management and execution of the Customs Modernization Program. The scope of work includes activities (end-to-end) necessary to modernize Customs business processes and systems. The requirements encompass modernization of the Customs enterprise, Customs operational processes, and its supporting systems and infrastructure.
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Over Arching Project Support and Security. B&A provides project and security support to components within the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD). Project support includes project coordination across PSPD and other entities; identifying and incorporating best practices to improve project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting; project tracking oversight; program office database management; configuration management; quality assurance; requirements management; Section 508 compliance; technical writing; and Worklenz support. Security support includes developing security controls from policies (OMB, DHS, CBP) and requirements; conducting security design and analysis; developing Certification & Accreditation documents to assess and reflect the changes in security posture of the PSPD; and conducting security tests.
- Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) Intelligence Production and Dissemination Suite (IPDS) Integration and Implementation. B&A selected, integrated, and deployed a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to automate the development, vetting, release, distribution, and archiving of intelligence products. B&A developed and delivered the IPDS suite, including systems analysis, design, coding, integration of COTS components, testing, and installation of the completed system.
Under DHS EAGLE II, B&A Team provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise, and solution-related enabling products under Functional Category 1 – Service Delivery, to meet the mission needs of the DHS. The services include:
- Design, Development, Implementation, and Integration: Any and all phases of system design and development through deployment to ensure DHS IT solutions will enable users to meet mission goals and objectives. These efforts include the full range of infrastructure engineering design, development, implementation and integration, including, but not limited to, concept development, planning, requirements definition and analysis, systems design and development, integration, implementation, deployment, connectivity, wiring and cabling.
- Software Design and Development: Any and all phases of software design and development including deployment to ensure DHS applications and databases will enable users to meet mission goals and objectives. These efforts include the full range of software design, development, implementation and integration, including, but not limited to, concept development, planning, requirements definition and analysis, software design and development, coding and testing, production, deployment, implementation, integration, and software application maintenance.
- Operations and Maintenance: Any and all operations and maintenance (O&M) solutions, processes, and procedures necessary to sustain systems within the DHS Enterprise at the highest levels of service and availability consistent with cost, schedule, and performance objectives. These solutions may be required across the DHS Infrastructure, to include, but not limited to, the following operational areas: Help Desk and Field Support Services (e.g., Desk-side support and LAN Administration), Network and Security Operations, and Collaboration Services (e.g., E-mail, Voice, Video Services, Wiring and Cable). This requirement includes the full range of O&M solutions, from maintaining and upgrading individual pieces of hardware and software to full managed service solutions.