Founder and Executive Vice President
Co-founder of Bart & Associates (B&A), Paul Mangus has been integral to developing some of the country’s most critical homeland security systems created over the last twenty years. Paul’s outstanding accomplishments include:
- Creating the Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS) and the Land Border and Airport Primary Query Systems – systems that perform real time enforcement queries on vehicles and/or persons entering or exiting the United States.
- Initiating the US Visit and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology (US-VISIT) program, which initially deployed an integrated solution to capture biometrics at US ports of entry.
- Serving as a technical advisor to many foreign governments and organizations.
- Providing technological solutions on border management and law enforcement.
- Consulting with the Canada Customs & Revenue Agency, Mexican Customs Bureau, United Nations, and the World Customs Organization.
- Serving on a panel discussion of the United States’ secure passenger information systems at the Homeland Security Conference.
- Serving as the on-site chief researcher and functional/technical lead on special projects at Customs and Border Protection.
During his career, Paul has held positions as a systems analyst and as a systems engineer at Lamarian Systems, Inc., Planning and Research Corporation, and at Electronic Data Systems.
Paul received his BS degree in Information Systems Management from the University of Maryland.