Civilian SAP Enterprise Storage Subsystem Enhancement
- To provide the client required additional storage capacity for an SAP R/3 system and an SAP BW system. The additional storage was to be used for both growth of existing database instances and for new non-production instances that were required for new business drivers. The existing enterprise storage frames were at physical capacity.
- To select new frames that used compatible technology.
The B&A Consultant worked with management to provide a tool written in Access and VB that will:
- Design, procure, and implement a new enterprise storage frame.
- Connect new frame to the old frames.
- Frame-based data replication software was used to give the customer the ability to move data between all three frames at will.