Visa Information for Automated Targeting System for DHS
- Obtain State Department Visa and Passport Information on all passengers arriving into the United States.
- Provide a solution that extracts the data from the existing interface and loads it into a database without interfering existing data updating functions.
The B&A Consultant worked with management to provide a tool written in Access and VB that will:
- Use a customized assembler exit routine called the LXX Exit
- Select a trigger that captures the update action by writing the before and after images of the record updates into MQseries queues to allow “listeners” to be placed on select tables for the purpose of tracking any changes.
- Work as members of the Automated Targeting System team to source these MQ Queues and load relational Oracle databases using C and Java programs.
- The Visa information was obtained every time an update occurred to the Visa and Passport databases.
- These updates were received via and MQ queue and placed in the ATS Oracle database where complex queries and searches can be performed.