Civilian Client Utilizes SAP Enterprise Portal to Launch an SAP Business Warehouse Report
- Enable the passing of user selections made from a web page in an Enterprise Portal (EP) iView as parameters to a Business Warehouse (BW) Web Template that uses BW queries to populate its content
- Build a “single sign-on” enabled link between the EP application server and the BW system is important in eliminating the need to log into BW after already being logged into EP
The B&A consultants worked as members of the Enterprise Portal Development team to:
- Deliver content via EP to the NASA customer
- Develop prototype of financial information that requires simplified user input from a Web page to launch the report of customized, non-standard output. The output could include charts and graphs as well as a different color scheme from the standard BW output.
- Leverage the existing BW queries and not develop new BW queries
- Delivered the required prototype by taking advantage of several SAP technologies: EP iView, HTMLB (in JSP), BW queries and BW Web Template