Enterprise Integration Key in D.H.S. Modernization Project
- To integrate incompatible and distributed Customs and Border Protection (CBP) legacy and application systems by providing a common Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) framework that allowed intelligent routing and transformation capabilities, so data can reach its destination, when it needs to and in the right format.
- To provide an infrastructure that would be flexible enough to handle complex business processing and scalable enough to handle future technology initiatives of the client (i.e. Web Services)
- Implement and support a J2EE framework using IBM’s Websphere MQ messaging technology and industry standards such as Java and XML
- Provide an EAI solution that bridges the gap between legacy data, complex processing and disparate systems. The back-end systems included: SAP R/3, SAP CRM, DB2 Data Warehouse, and EMC Documentum.
- Our consultants helped design, develop and test an integration layer that provides the correctly formatted data, regardless of the source and target systems